[BUG] network problems in 2.4 series

From: Lee Chin (leechin@mail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 21:03:42 EST

Hello,
I have a program that makes HTTP requests in a loop to a box runing Linux.
It goes through another Linux box, which is using proxy ARP and is connected
to the client and the web server using a cross over cable

[CLIENT]----[PROXY]----[WEBSERVER]

When the proxy machine uses 2.2 series kernel, I see a certain bit rate,
call it X. X stays constant always, no matter how many times I run my
workload.

When I upgraded to 2.4-test8, I see the following behavior:
Initial run (fresh boot) I see a speed greater than X (4X) subsequent runs,
the bit rate keeps dropping and becomes 1/3X! The only way to get back the
first bit rate is to reboot!

Please some one tell me if this issue will be resolved.

Thanks
Lee