Re: PATCH 2.4.0.9.4: Fix Cardbus

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 09:22:50 EST

Dag Bakke wrote:

> Jeff Garzik wrote:
>
> > Ok, it's time to get test9 running on my laptop, so I played the "what
> > code didn't get cut-n-pasted" game.
> >
> > With the attached tested patch against 2.4.0-test9-pre4, CardBus is
> > working again for me. This patch makes the logic match that of the old
> > code.
>
> Well.
> Still doesn't work for me. So I tested 2.2.17 and pcmcia-cs 3.1.20.
>
> # lsmod
> Module Size Used by
> tulip_cb 32092 0 (unused)
> cb_enabler 2504 1 [tulip_cb]
[...]
> cs: cb_alloc(bus 35): vendor 0x115d, device 0x0003
>
> [/etc/init.d/pcmcia start]
> cs: IO port probe 0x0c00-0x0cff: clean.
> cs: IO port probe 0x0800-0x08ff: clean.
> cs: IO port probe 0x0100-0x04ff: clean.
> cs: IO port probe 0x0a00-0x0aff: clean.
> ROM image dump:
> cs: no valid ROM images found!
>
> Same problem, or different problem? This time, the card is not even
> detected...

Look around for patches from Keith Owens relating to this, and the
xircom_tulip_cb driver. It needs a ROM image mapping into the address
space, which is normally not done without the special "pci=rom" setting
on the kernel command line. Keith's patch, IIRC, temporary does a
mapping in order to get the necessary information from the ROM image.

        Jeff