Re: [2.4.0-test9-pre5] SCSI still broken, trident/mixer still broken

From: Simon Kirby (sim@stormix.com)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 13:37:12 EST

On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 02:34:01PM -0400, Douglas Gilbert wrote:

> I do nearly all of my testing with sg as a module.
> So this looks like (another recent) breakage.
>
> It is beginning to look like the sg driver is not
> (properly) initialized when it is built into the
> kernel. Perhaps you could put a printk in
> sg_init() and sg_attach() to see if they are called.

Actually, I also had a printk in sg_init() and it never got
printed. I didn't have one in sg_attach, but I can try that.

> > At one point before I followed some of the debug/logging commands listed
> > at the top of sg.c and got an Oops as well...
>
> Seems as though I've got a lot of retesting to do.

The oops may have been the result of it not being properly initialized or
something...

Simon-

[ Stormix Technologies Inc. ][ NetNation Communications Inc. ]
[ sim@stormix.com ][ sim@netnation.com ]
[ Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employers. ]