Re: PATCH: pci_enable_device_mask

From: Martin Mares (mj@suse.cz)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 13:57:00 EST

Hi Jeff!

> I didn't update all the archs, just x86.. Enjoy. This is not an
> official patch submission (so Linus if you see it, don't apply...)

Is there any reason for adding such a thing? I was thinking about it some months
ago and it seemed to me that we always have plenty of space for all the resources.

Anyway, I'd prefer selecting such options via extra fields in struct pci_dev
which would the driver set before calling pci_enable_device() -- this way we
can add new options later without introducing new functions.

                                Have a nice fortnight

--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@ucw.cz> <mj@suse.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
"return(ENOTOBACCO); /* Read on an empty pipe */"