es1371 in 2.4.0-test7 and 2.4.0-test8

From: Andrew C. Dingman (dingman@dingman.student.earlham.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 16:14:12 EST

Hi-
        I've been running 2.4.0-test6 without problems for a while,
but upon trying test7 and test8, I've been unable to get the es1371
module to load. I built the test7 and test8 kernels using 'make
oldconfig' and the .config from my fully functional test6 kernel, so I
think that my config should be OK. My machine is an AMD Athlon 750 on
an ASUS motherboard (VIA chipset, I think), running Debian 2.2, and
I've attached my .config from test8. I'll be glad to try anything you
want (well, within reason) to get better data. I am on the list, but
cc'ing me wouldn't hurt.

-Andrew C. Dingman