RE [OT] Reply to headder..

From: Gerhard Mack (gmack@innerfire.net)
Date: Sat Sep 23 2000 - 17:35:10 EST

> course this is usually not a problem since one is going direct and the
> other is going through vger, but still... it's kind of wasteful to
> resources and i dont see any harm in Reply-to being sent in the
> header.
> Proftpd's mailing list seems to work fine with it. Is your position
> against it just due to client incompatibility?

Yes, it increases list traffic with things that don't need to be on the
list. The odd second email isn't nearly as bad as seeing 100 posts that
don't need to be on the lists accidentally sent here. In practice the
majority of my linux-kernel email replies tend to not be back to the list.

Which is more wasteful of resources: 100 second emails? or 10 extras sent
to a few thousand subscribers?

The majority of my linux-kernel email replies tend to not be back to the
list.

        Gerhard

--
Gerhard Mack

gmack@innerfire.net

<>< As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.