CD-ROM (SCSI and IDE) not mounting disk

From: Glenn C. Hofmann (hofmang@ibm.net)
Date: Sat Sep 23 2000 - 19:40:19 EST

As of the more recent kernels (2.4.0-test8,7,6 for sure) both my IDE and SCSI CD-ROM drives
will not mount a disk. They fail and tell me that there is no disk in the drive. I booted into an old
2.0.36 kernel just to make sure it wasn't a strange hardware failure and the CD mounted fine. I
have attached my .config and dmesg, which shows that the drives are recognised. If there is
any further information that I can give, I would be happy to. Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris Hofmann

--==--
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men - Martin Luther King,
Jr

--==--