Re: No sound (es1371) after test7

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Sun Sep 24 2000 - 01:15:31 EST

In article <8qk483$4ua$1@penguin.transmeta.com>,
Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com> wrote:

>Go into "drivers/sound/ac97_codec.c" to around line 570 or so, and
>comment out the line that says
>
> current->state = TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE;
>
>and see if that fixes the problem.

Nope. But I found another "bugfix" that seems to completely miss the
mark.

For some unknown reason codec->id is set in ac97_probe_codec(), which is
WRONG. Just remove the line that says

        codec->id = ac97_codec_ids[i].id;

(line 591 or something around that), and be happy. I think it will work
after that.

I will now hunt down the person who sent me that patch, and do nasty
things to him. After I whip myself for accepting it in the first place.

Pls tell me if removing that line still doesn't give you sound back,

                Linus