Oops when vim exits, and connection problems

From: Derrik Pates (dpates@andromeda.dsdk12.net)
Date: Sun Sep 24 2000 - 10:39:12 EST

2 problems to cover with 2.4.0-test8:

- Apparently when using disk quotas, a chown() that vim does triggers an
Oops somewhere in the disk-quota code (looks like dquot_transfer() from
the traceback). I'll attach the log fragment. Same thing happens if I try
to copy a file from a non-quotaed FS to a quotaed FS.

- I am unable to connect to several sites, including cisco.netacad.net and
www.hotmail.com. I always receive a "connection refused". It seems weird,
but with 2.2.18pre10, I could connect, and with 2.4.0-test8, I
can't. Also, a local ISP mailed me saying that connects from our NAT box
were triggering their IDS (Snort), showing up as queso attempts. I've been
able to match those up to connects from Squid via our NAT machine. So,
something odd is happening as part of the TCP connect phase that is making
other machines think we're trying to fingerprint them. (Far as I can
tell.)

I'm not on linux-kernel, so please e-mail me personally and let me know
what you make of this. Thanks for your help.

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School| _ #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net | District (dsdk12.net) | | | and now OPN too!
   Student @ South Dakota School of Mines | __| |___ _ _ _ ___ _ _ ____
       & Technology (www.sdsmt.edu) |/ _ / -_) ' \ '\/ _ \ ' \ (____)
UNIX: Because you want to USE your computer.|\___,\___|_||_||_\___/_||_|