Re: Oops when vim exits, and connection problems

From: J Brook (jbk@postmark.net)
Date: Sun Sep 24 2000 - 17:02:11 EST

On Sun 24 Sep 2000 Derrik Pates wrote:

>- I am unable to connect to several sites, including
>cisco.netacad.net and www.hotmail.com. I always receive a "connection
>refused". It seems weird, but with 2.2.18pre10, I could connect, and
>with 2.4.0-test8, I can't.

 I get similar behaviour on my box (RH6.2 kernel 2.4.0-t9p5). I am
able to call up the hotmail homepage using Netscape, but am unable to
login. More crucially I am unable to send email (using qmail) to
hotmail addresses when running the latest kernels (I've noticed this
problem since test8 - I was going to email hotmail about it, but
seeing as how it's come up here....!) However, I am able to connect
without any problems using my 2.2.16 kernel, and I am also able to
send emails to hotmail addresses using qmail using that kernel.

 Instructions describing how to gather more useful information would
be welcome (or pointers to where the relevant instructions are :-)

    John