Re: test9-pre7

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 12:21:44 EST

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > - pre7:
> > - official Compaq CISS driver.
>
> He may be the maintainer, but he needs a good spanking...

No, the breakage is probably mine.

The problem was that you sent me the forward-port of Alan's backport of
basically this driver, and then sent me updates on top of that. When I got
the original thing, I decided that it was better to start off from that,
just in case. And I probably broke stuff when I did the very nasty merge,
which was definitely not incremental..

                Linus