Re: Linux kernel modules development in C++

From: Helge Hafting (helgehaf@idb.hist.no)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 03:59:24 EST

Abel Munoz Alcaraz wrote:

> I want to develop a platform-independent driver (Windows 9x/NT/2000, Linux,
> Mac OS,...).
> I have written the Windows platform version in C++ using Numega's tools
> encapsulating the driver code in classes.
> More of this classes isn't OS specific and it work well in any OS.
>
> This is the reason because I want to do this. I want reuse a lot of code.

Code reuse is fun. I suggest you do it the other way around though -
write
a driver in plain C for both linux and windows.

C++ for linux may be possible, if you do the job of making C++
work with kernel code yourself. Most others don't want it, can't be
convinced, and certainly won't help you with it. If this is too
much - port your driver to C.

Helge Hafting