Re: 2.4.0-test9-pre2 OOM problem

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 10:10:35 EST

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Byron Stanoszek wrote:

> I'm afraid to try any kernel above pre2 right now because of the
> OOPSen reported by many people. I just wanted to bring attention
> to this problem in case it hasn't already been fixed.

Fixing OOM handling is still on the TODO list for the new
VM.

Integrating the fix is trivial and will be done when the
bugs in the current features have been found and fixed.
(we're close on that one ... now that there are a lot more
testers we found a few new ones and I have a stable VM on
my laptop that needs to be merged with Linus' latest tree,
expect a patch soon)

[the only current problem is that I have the flu and it's
hard to concentrate]

regards,

Rik

--
"What you're running that piece of shit Gnome?!?!"
       -- Miguel de Icaza, UKUUG 2000

http://www.conectiva.com/ http://www.surriel.com/