Re: Linux kernel modules development in C++

From: Alan Shutko (ats@acm.org)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 18:55:07 EST

James Sutherland <jas88@cam.ac.uk> writes:

> OTOH, these standards documents aren't the most readable of text. Perhaps
> a human-friendly explanation of the standard would be more widely read?

The problem with a more human-friendly explanation of the standard is
that then you're not reading the standard, you're reading something
that may be wrong. (http://www.lysator.liu.se/c/schildt.html) The
whole point of reading the standard is to know exactly what is or
isn't in it, and translating that leads to less confidence in the
results.

42 days, 15 hours, 42 minutes, 35 seconds till we run away.
Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow.