Re: reading 1 hardsector size, not one block size

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 11:25:05 EST

On Sat, 30 Sep 2000, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

> That, again, is the IDE driver issue, not the FS layer's. If you want to

Nope it is a SCSI issues also.
If it was not Matt would not be asking the question.
I have more of a heads up on what he was wanting because I spoke with him
for about 45 min on the phone.

> What has this to do with the rest?

If you were going to try and jump the limits then you could only go so
far.

> Anyway, I believe that it'd be good to report the REAL geometry to the

That wich we think is "REAL" is not, we can not always make it "REAL".

> user, but also the faked one so that he sees what's happening. Possibly
> allowing him to enable the full capacity say by using the kernel command
> line.

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy