Re: What is up with Redhat 7.0?

From: Martin Dalecki (dalecki@evision-ventures.com)
Date: Sun Oct 01 2000 - 17:19:03 EST

Igmar Palsenberg wrote:

> > I wouldn't mind, either, if this didn't mean that programs compiled
> > on rehdat need redhat versions of the development toolchain / runtime
> > environment to use them :(

Ever tried to recompile SuSE apache from the src.rpm they provide?
I wish you good louck getting your hands on adabas and other stuff they
require, which doesn't come with the distribution itself!!!!!!!!

THAT is OFFENDING! Not just the fact whatever who want's to be
the offical version of something - read: "With blessing from RMS instead
of the employer of the people who do the actual work".