problems with 2.4.0-test8

From: Richard Polton (richard.polton@msdw.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 09:37:02 EST

 Hi,

 I am using 2.4.0-test8 on an i686 laptop. I find that netscape-4.72
 keeps locking up. I am not able to kill the process at all (without
 a reboot, and SysRQ cannot do a sync on the partition it is running
 in either). I have been advised that RvR's memory patches will fix
 this but I have yet to try. (This behaviour also can be seen with
 ppp-2.4.0, which is a trifle irritating 8-)

 Thanks,
 Richard