Re: 2.4.0-test9-pre8

From: Mike Galbraith (mikeg@wen-online.de)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 08:37:38 EST

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Rik van Riel wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Oct 2000, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>
> > Last pre-kernel - I'll do the real test9 before I fly off to
> > Germany on Tuesday.
>
> > - pre8:
> > - quintela: fix the synchronous wait on kmem_cache_shrink().
> > This should fix the mmap02 lockup.
>
> It probably doesn't. People will want to apply my patch
> (on http://www.surriel.com/patches/) to -test9-pre8 to
> see if that really makes the box solid.
>
> Testing volunteers: it looks like you have one whole day
> to really stress-test the crap out of my patch so Linus
> can have a bit of certainty the patch he'll (maybe) apply
> really works ;)

I'm not done applying hot pokers and such, but have kicked it
in the.. lower abdomen hard enough to feel comfortable saying
'works for me'.

Noticed a couple of warnings, and missing UnlockPage() thingy
in buffer.c was forgotten.

        -Mike

P.S. my address is bogus (f-word provider) but I must use it to
get mail out of this _brokedick_ domain. cc mikeg@weiden.de if
replying please (provider's _old_ domain is bent, but works;).