Re: Meaning of blk_size

From: Roman Zippel (zippel@fh-brandenburg.de)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 14:20:47 EST

Hi,

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Andries Brouwer wrote:

> These days I have as background activity the construction
> of the corresponding patch for 2.4. Maybe we can start 2.5
> without these arrays and with large device numbers.

I started something like this a few months ago, I was at the point to boot
a usermode kernel till the fsck, which failed. Currently I have no time to
continue it, as there is more important work pending.
But I didn't create a generic kdev_t, I changed the block device part to
use a bdev_t, I also started a few cleanups that make e.g. the partition
stuff a bit easier. On the other hand it breaks of course every block
device driver.

bye, Roman