Re: Linux 2.4 kernel wiki for October

From: Daniel Phillips (news-innominate.list.linux.kernel@innominate.de)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 22:32:21 EST

Alexander Viro wrote:

> On 2 Oct 2000, Gary Lawrence Murphy wrote:
>
> > No excuses. _Everyone_ has that kind of time to spare for Linux
> > documentation. There are hundreds of competent engineers active on
> > this mailing list. One day's worth of our collective linux-kernel
> > effort, focussed precisely on illuminating some part of the code,
> > would complete several chapters of text. A week's worth would fill
> > a thousand pages.
> >
> > If everyone gives just _10_ _minutes_ a month,
> > we can _completely_ document 2.4 by groundhog day.
>
> Sigh... Do a search on Brook's Law, will you?

You lose because the project isn't late yet ;-)

You, by the way, are one of the people who could help more than almost
anybody. Just cutting and pasting your locks documentation would
already be a big help.

If you did put it in, it would go here:

  http://kernelbook.sourceforge.net:80/wiki/?KernelSubsystems

--