Re: 2.4.0-test9-pre8

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 16:58:42 EST

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Martin Diehl wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Rik van Riel wrote:
> > On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Martin Diehl wrote:
> >
> > > * deadlock in initscripts (even for runlevel 2). SysRq shows idle_task
> > > being the only one ever getting the CPU when deadlocked.
> >
> > This suggests tasks yielding the CPU while task->state !=
> > TASK_RUNNABLE, which results in them never being rescheduled
> > again ...
>
> Just tried 2.4.0-t9p8 + t9p8-vmpatch: No change here. Box
> appears to hang upon "init 2" (or higher) when starting several
> things (sendmail, xfs e.g.) with (according to SysRq+p)
> idle_task being the only one R.

Now that I think of it ... this could be a new (old?) case
of a UP-only bug. Is anybody seeing this upon booting their
SMP system with 'mem=8m' ??

(if it is, I know what to look for and how to fix them)

regards,

Rik

--
"What you're running that piece of shit Gnome?!?!"
       -- Miguel de Icaza, UKUUG 2000

http://www.conectiva.com/ http://www.surriel.com/