Re: execve replacement.

From: John Levon (moz@compsoc.man.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 08:39:24 EST

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, [iso-8859-1] Abel Muņoz Alcaraz wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I have replaced the execve() kernel API with my own implementation but it
> doesn't work well.
>
> extern void * sys_call_table[]
>
> asmlinkage int (*system_execve)(const char *, const char **, const char
> **);

This is not the prototype of sys_execve(). It looks like this :

asmlinkage int sys_execve(struct pt_regs regs)

this syscall is a little more tricky to track than the others, because the
pt_regs is not a pointer here. That means you can't just stick in a call
inbetween like with most syscalls.

Instead you should just copy the code from sys_execve() and call do_execve
directly from the module (it is exported, so you can).

but - you will need to do this for all architectures as they differ

and are you really sure you need to do this ?

john