Re: IDE problems 2.4.0-t9p8 and later

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 12:23:06 EST

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Eric Lowe wrote:

> Agreed. I ran into the same problem myself, but I figured you probably
> didn't break it. Would be nice to see it fixed though, I'm trying
> to help debug the new VM on that machine that just so happens to use
> that chipset, and it's hard to do that when it doesn't boot at all. :)

Okay, it is partly my fault because I missed the patch pre-release to
Linus. I had several events that to major priority over Linux.
Jeff and I agree now that there was a problem in communication and timing.

It will be backed out and a better solution for the possible exception
that he needs with be worked out. Some time later today I will publish a
patch and post it on kerne.org

Also I will get in touch with LT about me placing the patch in testing.

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy