usb-audio, does it work at all?

From: Erik Mouw (J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 13:39:42 EST

Hi all,

I just got a "Target USB speaker converter", which is basically a
USB sound card. I opened the case and found a Philips UDA1321PS
chip, which seems to be the same chip as used in the Philips
DSS 330 USB speakers, according to the linux-usb pages[1].
However, if I connect it to my laptop, nothing happens. Yes, the
USB layer sees a new device, but nothing happens, even if I have
the audio module loaded. Does it work with the Philips USB
speakers, or is the driver just broken?

I'm using linux-2.4.0-test9 on an Asus P6300 notebook (PII 233, 80MB
memory, Intel BX/ZX chipset) running SuSE 6.4. USB controller is
an Intel 82371AB PIIX4 USB and both UHCI drivers fail to do
something useful with the sound card.

Erik

[1] http://linux-usb.sourceforge.net/usb.ids , look for Philips

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl