Re: failure to burn CDs under 2.4.0-test9

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@vger.timpanogas.org)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 00:57:52 EST

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 07:55:22AM +0200, Henrik Størner wrote:
> In <Pine.LNX.4.21.0010051506240.608-100000@home.lameter.com> Christoph Lameter <christoph@lameter.com> writes:
>
> >Comparing CD contents with the original after burning showed mismatches 4
> >times in a row. Booted into linux 2.2.18 and everything is fine.
>
> I had quite a few problems burning the Red Hat 7 ISO images while
> running 2.4.0-test9-pre6. Symptoms were SCSI errors when trying
> to fixate the session. This happened on two very different systems
> (one pure SCSI system, the other pure IDE), both running Red Hat 6.2.

I am seeing this as well. I got around it by setting speed=2. If you
are using one of the newer R/W CD/DVD drives (which are slower than
crap, BTW on Linux), you should set the speed manually and try
progressively slower settings until you find one that works.

i.e.

cdrecord -v speed=2 dev=1,0,0 file.iso

Jeff