Small Bug

From: Claudia Moroder (claudiamoroder@st-ulrich.suedtirol.net)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 14:32:14 EST

I did send this small bug to the mantainer of Multipple Device SCSI, but did get no answer after a week so I put it at the linux-kernel.

I have found a small bug in raid5.c

static int __check_consistency (mddev_t *mddev, int row)
{
raid5_conf_t *conf = mddev->private;
kdev_t dev;
struct buffer_head *bh[MD_SB_DISKS], *tmp = NULL;
int i, ret = 0, nr = 0, count;
struct buffer_head *bh_ptr[MAX_XOR_BLOCKS];
if (conf->working_disks != conf->raid_disks)
goto out;

// THE BUG IS IN THE FOLLOWING TWO LINES

tmp = kmalloc(sizeof(*tmp), GFP_KERNEL);
tmp->b_size = 4096;

// tmp is used without check if it is null;

Best regards

Andreas Moroder