RedHat 7.0 anaconda installer doesn't support devfs

From: Joseph Fannin (trevorcor@zdnetonebox.com)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 20:19:45 EST

Jeff Merkey wrote:

>On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 12:31:05AM -0400, jeff millar wrote:
>> Redhat support got back to me today and said 7.0 doesnt support
>> upgrades to systems running devfs. But I thought sure than Linus
>> blessed it! :-)
>> Does anyone have a fix?
>
>Good question. I noticed this as well.

     I couldn't run devfs on a fresh install of RedHat 7 either; the
use of labels in fstab to identify partitions seems to preclude this.
 Well, I *could* have hacked all the necessary scripts if I knew what
they were, I guess.

     Is there any means of using devfs and disk/partition levels together?

  P.S. Sorry if this breaks the threading.

--
Joseph Fannin
fannin.30 *at* osu.edu

___________________________________________________________________ To get your own FREE ZDNet Onebox - FREE voicemail, email, and fax, all in one place - sign up today at http://www.zdnetonebox.com