Re: [KBUILD] Re: Adding vendor drivers...

From: Peter Samuelson (peter@cadcamlab.org)
Date: Sat Oct 07 2000 - 20:48:18 EST

[Philipp Rumpf <prumpf@parcelfarce.linux.theplanet.co.uk>]
> The idea isn't bad, but I'm not sure magic comments are really the
> way to go. special macros should work just as well, shouldn't they ?

To be defined where? Do we assume everyone will #include
<linux/module.h> or something? Or #include <linux/external.h>? It
seems a little absurd, since the whole file would be something like

  #define MAKEFILE_LINE(foo...)
  #define CONFIG_LINE(foo...)
  #define CONFIG_HELP_LINE(foo...)

(Of course you'd probably use something other than CONFIG_LINE because
that would needlessly confuse mkdep.c and checkconfig.pl.)

Peter