Re: 2.4.0-test9 kernel problems

From: johna@babel.apana.org.au
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 06:03:57 EST

OK, yes the problem was a configuration one ...

CONFIG_VT and CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE were set to y, but CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE
was set to n. It was this last one which was causing the problem.

I now have the 386 kernel loading into the netstation, starting up,
mounting rootfs, starting init and init starting rc.S. However, it
has problems running binaries in rc.S, there seem to be problems with
ld.so (ld-2.0.7.so), and they cannot quite start.

I'll try investingating this myself, running sash from rc.S to have
a look around - I'm not appealing for help (yet), but if there's a
known gotcha it would be nice to know. I can't imagine that there
would be a direct need for kernel support in handling libraries
(CONFIG_BINFMT_ELF is set to y), but please let me know if it is
otherwise.

--
John August