Re: test10-pre1 problems on 4-way SuperServer8050

From: Mark Hemment (markhe@veritas.com)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 08:15:55 EST

Hi Tigran,

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Tigran Aivazian wrote:

> a) one of the eepro100 interfaces (the onboard one on the S2QR6 mb) is
> malfunctioning, interrupts are generated but no traffic gets through (YES,
> I did plug it in correctly, this time, and I repeat 2.2.16 works!)

  I saw this the other week on our two-way Dell under a reasonibly heavy
load - but with 3c59x.c driver, the eepro100s survived!
  Either NIC (had two Tornados) could go this away after anything from 1
to 36 hours of load. They would end up running in "poll" mode off the
transmit watchdog timer.
  Swapped them for a dual-port eepro100 and no more problems.

Mark