Re: 2.2.17 & ASUS CD-S500/A

From: Jens Axboe (axboe@suse.de)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 10:00:56 EST

On Wed, Oct 11 2000, Lorenzo Allegrucci wrote:
> I was installing a Debian package from a cdrom when...
>
> hdc: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
> hdc: DMA disabled
> hdc: ATAPI reset complete
> ATAPI device hdc:
> Error: Unit attention -- (Sense key=0x06)
> Power on, reset or hardware reset occurred -- (asc=0x29, ascq=0x00)
>
> After that the package was installed correctly, I suppose.
> What's happened? Hardware failture?

I've had lots of trouble with their 450 model before, it seems a
very shaky drive. But you say it did work for you for some time, before
giving up dma and timing out? If so, the solution for now is probably
just do use pio transfers on that drive and forget dma.

--
* Jens Axboe <axboe@suse.de>
* SuSE Labs