problem with Compiling kernel sources.

From: hiren_mehta@agilent.com
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 17:17:33 EST

Hi All,

Just 2 days back I bought RedHat Linux7. And I was trying to build
the kernel (make bzImage). But the build failed. It looks like
the compiler issue. But I am not sure and hence, I have posted this
on this list.

Well, I tried one more thing. The RedHat Linux7 came with gcc package
gcc-2.96-54 And the build was failing with that. Then I
removed this package and installed egcs-1.1.2-30 package and tried
to build the kernel and I could build the kernel. If anybody has
faced the similar problem and could find the solution, please let
me know.

Thanks and regards,
-hiren