[fixed (well, it works)]Re: test10-pre1 problems on 4-way SuperServer8050

From: Tigran Aivazian (tigran@veritas.com)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 07:38:08 EST

Hello,

Ok, I despaired a bit about mtrrs on the Linux side and went into BIOS and
started playing with the cache settings there. The change that fixed the
problem was to disable all "area CXXX-> : cached". Now, I have a really
fast quad Xeon 6G RAM with consistently failing eepro100
interface. Downing/upping the interface does not help. I suppose in this
state it is easier to debug because everything else is fully functional --
let's just find out why this particular eepro100 doesn't work.

Kernel compiles in 54-60 seconds -- very impressive (I am talking about
full make -j4 bzImage after make clean)

Now, this is with and without Zoltan's big-mtrr patch, just verified a
minute ago.

Regards,
Tigran