Re: A20 Gate enable sequence (setup.S)

From: Robert Kaiser (rob@sysgo.de)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 02:09:52 EST

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Albert Cranford wrote:

> Robert Kaiser wrote:

> > > Try the current 2.2.18pre. This has fast A20 too and I suspect will boot
> > > on your box. Its had no problems on 2.2.18pre reported against it so far. I've
> > > not done a 2.4 test patch but yours seems to be the sam ething
> >
> > Thanks for the hint, I hadn't checked that version ....
> >

> > > AMD ELAN ?
> >
> > Actually several different boards, some using AMD ELAN, some 386 EX.
> >
> > Rob
> >

> Here is a wroking 2.4.0 version, which is from Randy Dunlaps patch.
> Later,
> Albert

Thanks Albert! Actually I was aware of this patch (saw it in the
archives), but, it seemed to me that this patch hadn't made it into
the standard kernel (2.4.0-test8 didn't have it), so I thought I might
bring up this issue once more. I just learned from Alan, that he added
it in 2.2.18pre, so I'll test that one and if it works, I'll be all
happy :-).

Rob