Re: Oops on booting stock RH6

From: Alison Stewart (torquill@foogod.com)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 07:59:54 EST

Michael Meding wrote:

> that's what redhat support is for. They should have told you that there
> is an issue with the supplied kernel and durons and thunderbirds.

That's if I had a registered box of RH6.2 and thus had access to RH
support.... I figured that if there were a serious conflict with newish
hardware, word would be out there, right? Guess not.

> I guess this is OT on the LKML.

Apologies to the list, if so.

I was an idiot and forgot to attach the error messages to the first
post, but it looks like a couple people may have figured it out anyway.
We're trying RH7 tomorrow; I expect that will work. If it doesn't, I'll
probably be back -- unless someone can provide a more suitable list to
post to. :)

Thanks.

--A