Re: [2.4.0test10-pre3]drm_proc_init incorrect when multiple device are registering

From: Tigran Aivazian (tigran@veritas.com)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 16:53:09 EST

Hi David,

Yes, this is a well-known problem and was briefly discussed between Rick
Faith, Al Viro and myself. The thing is that DRI design dictates
duplication of the code instead of sharing it between individual low-level
drivers (this is not silly -- there are lots of valid reasons for this as
was explained to me by Rick Faith) and this makes it rather clumsy to
share a common /proc entry as you can see from a little hack there which
used to work some time ago.

So, one either needs to enhance the hack to work today (Rick's suggestion)
or to write a "drmfs" (Al Viro's suggestion) or to abandon the original
design of not-sharing the code and do share it (my suggestion but of
course it's up to Rick and other maintainers of that code -- they know
better how to make their own life easier).

Regards,
Tigran