Re: failure to blank CDRWs (2.2.18pre15 smp ide-scsi hp7100i)

From: Mark Cooke (mpc@star.sr.bham.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 06:06:21 EST

Hi Jeff, Alan, Jens,

Thank you all for the replies. I guess I'll try to contact
appropriate people at HP / try newer/older versions of cdrecord. I do
know the drive was working with 2.2.<something> a long time back.
It's just rare I use the burner.

One other thing that may be relevent - the HP doesn't support ATIP,
whereas the Ricoh does. Speculation: cdrecord asks for ATIP, then
used some default/random buffer contents, and this causes the HP to
give up.

Cheers,

Mark