Re: [Criticism] On the discussion about C++ modules

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.org)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 06:09:20 EST

Tell you what. You should go look into the Chorus or TMOK projects that
are based on C++ and pester them. Next you'll be telling me that IDL
and Corba stubs in every layer of the OS are in order and won't hurt
performance. I did this OOM mental mastrubation excercise with the USL
folks 7 years ago at Novell and sat in lots of design reviews of C++
kernel code for Unixware and we had so many offsites on this crap, I saw
the NOvell campus about once every two weeks in between political
meetings with Art Sabsevitch and his USL buddies. We wasted two years
of time, spend 375 million dollars on the C++ modular kernel projects,
and ended up with a pile of crappy Chorus code that was unsellable and
shitty. You should go over to the Chorus group with your ideas about
C++ kernels. They will listen to you because they believe their own BS
about C++ kernel development -- you'll be right at home...

:-)

Jeff