Re: Device Driver

From: Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 18:16:48 EST

Igmar Palsenberg writes:
> In the last case, you load something direct into kernel space. In case of
> binary stuff you have no idea what actually happens. Also the case with
> the before boot issue, but this plays a bigger role.

I take it then that you never use a hard drive in any of your systems on
the grounds that it contains non-open source firmware which may affect
the security of your system? ;) Tell me, what do you use to store all
those Linux applications on?

Hmm, I wonder if you drive a car, travel by train or by plane...? Do you
trust the firmware involved there?
   _____
  | | | | http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/personal/aboutme.html / / |
  / | THE developer of ARM Linux |+| /|\