Re: compile error in 2.4.0-test10-pre3

From: Thomas Molina (tmolina@home.com)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 01:16:15 EST

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Thomas Molina wrote:

> I patched from 2.4.0-test9 to 2.4.0-test10-pre3 successfully. I then
> did make mrproper, make oldconfig, make dep successfully. make bzImage
> resulted in the following error:

Would someone please hand me one of those brown paper bags.

Note to self: Next time get some sleep before doing something stupid
late at night and announcing same before everyone. I was confirming my
problem about two minutes after sending that message, just before David
Miller was kind enough to let me know what I was doing wrong.

This was my first time doing a compile in a directory other than
/usr/src/linux per Linus' suggestion. Specifically, /usr/include/asm
and /usr/include/linux were stale symlinks. Pointing them to the new
kernel source tree allowed the compile to proceed without incident.

My hazy recollection told me Linus had said those symlinks shouldn't
even be needed or should point to the "default" source tree against
which glibc was compiled. I guess I was wrong.

Hopefully this gets out before I get too many repeats of David's
message.