Re: now that NFS V3 is in 2.2.18pre, could we *please* add the ide-patch

From: Camm Maguire (camm@enhanced.com)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 09:22:00 EST

Greetings!

"Mike A. Harris" <mharris@opensourceadvocate.org> writes:

> On Sun, 15 Oct 2000, Andre Hedrick wrote:
>
> >If they will be accepted, I will update them and maintain them.
> >I just do not have the time to run two/three trees and prepare the stuff
> >for 2.5
> >
> >> Because it is unmaintained? Once it is in the kernel, Alan will
> >> be the one getting bug reports, so he should be the one to decide
> >> ultimately.
> >
> >NO, I would take them.
>
> Well that changes things considerably indeed! ;o)
>
> Ok, IDE getting into 2.2.x gets my vote too then. ;o) Not that
> my vote counts for much, but... ;o)

In case this ever gets done, please remember to fix ide-tape, which is
quite broken with the latest ide patches. Only work around I know of
is to run ide tapes using ide-scsi emulation. The issue, I believe,
is failure to pad data to tape block size as necessary. There was an
earlier thread on this.

Take care,