Re: UMSDOS Problem with test10-pre2

From: Wayne.Brown@altec.com
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 13:14:20 EST

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it and you're right: it booted normally and
then gave me an oops. For now, I've managed to get my network card "sort of"
working with 2.3.51, and I'm going to try to resolve the remaining problems with
that. Also, now that I know it's a umsdos problem and not my configuration that
caused the problem, I intend to start looking at the umsdos code and see what I
can do. If all else fails, I'll just have to cross my fingers for luck, run
fips and fdisk on my drive and create an ext2 partition for Linux. (I've done
this a number of times before on other systems with no problem at all, but it
seems the probability of failure increases in direct proportion to the
importance of the consequences.)

Wayne

Andrzej Krzysztofowicz <ankry@pg.gda.pl> on 10/14/2000 09:33:08 AM

Please respond to ankry@green.mif.pg.gda.pl