use of add_interrupt_randomness in drivers missing in many drivers

From: Oliver M . Bolzer (oliver@gol.com)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 10:24:52 EST

Hi!

Recently I needed a lot of entroy for cryptographic purposes on a
server and took a look at where the entroy for drivers/char/random.c
was coming from, as the server didn't have any activly used mouse/keyboard.

Anyway, I noticed that only 3 drivers were using add_interrupt_randomness()
to donate their irq timings into the entropy pool. Shouldn't other drivers
(especially network drivers) do this too ?

The only thing needed is to add the SA_SAMPLE_RANDOM flag to request_irq
in the drivers.

If nobody objects, I'll submit a patch that adds this to network drivers.

--

Oliver M. Bolzer oliver@gol.com

GPG (PGP) Fingerprint = 621B 52F6 2AC1 36DB 8761 018F 8786 87AD EF50 D1FF