Re: Patch, spin-locks for CMOS access under SMP

From: Richard B. Johnson (root@chaos.analogic.com)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 16:33:45 EST

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Richard B. Johnson wrote:
>

> > This puts CMOS Chip access under a spin-lock and exports the
> > rtc_lock symbol. It is for 2.2.17, should patch to 2.2.18.
>
> Nice. You've managed to find places we haven't yet fixed it in 2.4 either
> :)

Yes. There were a few sneaky places that the CMOS was accessed. There
are probably a few still hidden. Of course, some were "who cares", but
once I defined some keyboard macros, I figured I'd use them while I
had them.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson

Penguin : Linux version 2.2.17 on an i686 machine (801.18 BogoMips).

obtained from the Micro$oft help desk.