Re: process header declaration?

From: Timur Tabi (ttabi@interactivesi.com)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 13:08:19 EST

** Reply to message from "Andrew C. Dingman"
<dingman@dingman.student.earlham.edu> on Thu, 19 Oct 2000 12:30:51 -0500 (EST)

> I'm working on a project for my senior seminar for which I (and my
> profs) think I need to modify the process descriptor
> struct. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be good enough with 'grep' to
> figure out where the type is declared.

Spend the money to get a real editor, like Visual SlickEdit for Linux. It
makes analyzing the Linux kernel ten times easier. In this case, a single
keystroke would have told you where that structure (or any field in any
structure) is defined.

--
Timur Tabi - ttabi@interactivesi.com
Interactive Silicon - http://www.interactivesi.com