Re: VM_RESERVED [was Re: mapping user space buffer to kernel address space]

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 13:58:06 EST

Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 02:19:59PM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> > Why? [..]
>
> vma information isn't passed from v4l layer to lowlevel layer.

so I see :(

The Matrox Meteor II driver I'm developing uses DMA memory, PCI shared
memory, -or- reserve_bootmem memory in mmap(2), depending on card and
system capabilities. It sure would be nice to have the vma there,
especially now that I know about using nopage() for mmap, but it can be
worked around...

--
Jeff Garzik                    | The difference between laziness and
Building 1024                  | prioritization is the end result.