[bug] floppy act. LED comes on after APM resume

From: David Ford (david@linux.com)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 04:37:16 EST

Ok, this is getting really humorous and I've no way to explain it.

Every few kernels I install on my laptop, when doing an APM resume, the
floppy activity LED comes on and stays on until I do something to change
the status of the floppy such as attempting a mount (with or without a
floppy in the drive). Simply inserting a floppy or eject/insert doesn't
fix it.

Being on a laptop, this can be a significant power drain when I'm
running off the battery. It's an NEC Versa LX, the floppy is the
standard 1.44 that comes with it.

Any takers?

-d

--
"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an
eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was