2.2.17 VM Problems

From: Almer S. Tigelaar (almer@milos.nl)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 04:39:46 EST

Hi,

I am running a custom compiled 2.2.17 kernel on a Debian system.
I keep finding these in my syslog :

kerneL VM: do_try_to_free_pages failed for kswapd...

This isn't limited to 'kswapd', i've seen kupdate, klogd, syslogd, init,
bash among others.

I have no clue to what these messages actually mean.
I don't think I am supposed to get these kind of message though.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Almer S. Tigelaar