Re: Topic for discussion: OS Design

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 18:56:36 EST

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Hacksaw wrote:

> > Another linux caveat. Scads of undocumented and virtually undiscoverable
> > behaviours :-)
>
> Undiscoverable? You have the source code, what more do you want? Start
> documenting!

Oh no then they would have to publish their findings, and that is only
available in binary format or $500.00 USD and threats for a lawyer.
Regardless that the original code was GPL....

I am BATING someone to answer why they are selling GPL code and making
legal gestures if you pay for the GPL code and share the GPL code.

Someone must have a harder time than me reading the rules.

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy