Re: Minimizing dropped UDP packets

From: Brian F. G. Bidulock (bidulock@openswitch.org)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 16:17:20 EST

Frank,

Have you considered checking /proc/net/dev_stat (first entry)
to see whether NET4 is dropping packets due to backlog
maximums? If there is a non-zero entry there, you might try
uping /proc/sys/net/core/netdev_max_backlog from the default
300 and see if your loss diminishes.

--
Brian F. G. Bidulock
bidulock@openswitch.org